In the northeast and much of the country golf courses are still snow-covered. Golf season may seem far away, but soon the weather will turn.
Prepare now, so when we get warmer weather and your buddy calls to see if you are up for a round of golf, you’ll be ready.
Here a few tips to get golf ready.
- Take your golf bag out of storage.
- Make sure all of your clubs are in it, especially your putter. It’s no fun to get to the course to discover you don’t have your putter because you took it out to practice but forgot to put it back in your bag. (Don’t laugh, I’ve done it.)
- Clean your clubs. If your clubs are dirty, when you strike the ball it won’t perform the way it is designed to.
- Check your grips. At the very least wipe them down. Replace them if necessary.
- Make sure you have enough balls, tees, markers and coins. If you’re missing anything buy it now.
- Inspect your golf glove and make sure it is in good shape. If it is riddled with holes and smells, it is time to get a new one. Your golf glove is important to protect your hand from blisters and provide a tackier grip to the club.
- Pack some tape and a few Band-Aids in your bag. You may get a few blisters during those first few rounds of the season.
- Consider adding an extra piece of outerwear to your bag. The weather can be unpredictable at the beginning of the golf season.
- Try on your golf shoes. Wearing old, worn out shoes will result in blisters. Nothing will ruin a day on the course more than sore feet before the turn.
Golf season is coming, so be prepared.
If I missed something you do to get golf ready, let me know. I’d love your input.