If you are new to the game of golf or are starting to play again after some time away, you need to know the basics.
- Fundamentals. If you are just learning the game or are struggling with your game this is where to start. This includes your grip, set up, posture, aim, and balance.
- Long Game. Once you have a grasp of the fundamentals you should move on to your long game. Long game is distance play with your driver, hybrids, fairway woods, and irons.
- Short Game. Once you hit your long shots, you need to get the ball to the green. This is your short game, which consists of chipping, pitch shots, bunker play, and putting.
- Course Management. Strategies for you to navigate the golf course to help you shoot lower scores.
- Rules of Golf. Basic rules of golf so you have an understanding of the proper way to handle certain situations you may encounter during your round.
- Golf Etiquette. Manners matter. What you need to know to properly play the game.
As you learn and practice, you will build on these basics to improve your game.
Once you start to play I hope you get hooked. Golf is a sport you can play and enjoy for the rest of your life. No matter how often or how long you play, you will always be challenged and you can always learn more.
Need help with your game? Take lessons with me.